To get a practical understanding of how to apply COBIT® 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organization. Learn how to effectively implement and apply COBIT® 5 into your enterprise or how you can integrate components into client initiatives. Attendees will walk away with an appreciation of how to effectively use COBIT® 5 for different organizational and or client scenarios.
High Level Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this training and exam, candidates will be able to apply the COBIT® 5 good practice continual improvement lifecycle approach to GEIT, tailored to suit the needs of a specific enterprise. In particular to:
- Analyse the enterprise drivers
- Apply the implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors
- Assess current process capability (As Is)
- Determine target process capability (To Be)
- Scope and plan improvements
- Consider practical implementation factors
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls
- Leverage the latest good practices
- Apply the COBIT® 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address these requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”
About COBIT® 5
COBIT® 5 is the latest edition of ISACA's globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT® 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT® 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT® 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the COBIT® 5 Implementation certification exam as well as providing valuable conceptual knowledge that can be applied in the workplace.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a COBIT® 5 Implementation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams. Participants may reference ISACA COBIT® 5 Implementation Guide which can be purchased from the ISACA Web site, www.isaca.org.
About the Examination:
- The COBIT® 5 Implementation examination paper consists of three booklets: the scenario booklet, question booklet and the answer (sheet) booklet.
- In total, there are four questions, each testing one syllabus area, in various formats (multiple choice, multiple response, matching responses and evaluating statements).
- Each of the four questions contains 20 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. Each of the four questions will be subdivided into parts. Each of these ‘part-questions’ will identify the portion of the 20 marks allocated to it.
- The pass mark for the Implementation exam is 50%.
- The exam is 150 minutes in duration.
- Participants may reference their copy of the Implementation Guide during the examination.
Successful Completion of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam.
COBIT® 5 Implementation
Senior IT Management, Seniors Business Managers, IT Auditors, IT Managers, IT Quality Professionals, IT Process Owners & Process Managers
The price of this training includes an exam.