The ITIL® Foundation course is the entry-level course for certification in IT Service Management (ITSM). This course covers the latest version (2011) of ITIL® . It is presented from the perspective of managing IT Services through their lifecycle from conception through implementation and finally retirement using the five core AXELOS publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as the improvement of operational efficiency.
Students who have followed this Computer Based course, and have done some self study, are suitably prepared to take the associated ITIL® Foundation test. The ITIL® Foundation certificate is a requirement for attending any of the ITIL® intermediate level courses available in this track.
The ITIL® 2011 Foundation certificate in IT Service Management certifies that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL® terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL® practices for IT Service Management. The ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the ITIL® practices for service management without further guidance.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components, related to this certification, Candidates can expect to:
- Comprehend the principles and concepts of IT Service Management as a practice.
- Comprehend the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and its purpose
- Be aware of the generic concepts and definitions used in ITIL®
- Comprehend the key principles and models
- Be aware of the processes and their role within the lifecycle concept
- Be aware of the main functions within an IT organization
- Be aware of the roles as defined within ITIL®
- Be aware of the importance of technology and architecture to IT Service Management
- Be aware of the need for training and the development of competences.
- Understand the best practices of implementing ITIL® within an organization.
- Be prepared to take the ITIL® Foundation Certification exam
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the service lifecycle approach to IT Service Management according to ITIL®. An eLearning approach is used combining audio, video and texts to prepare participants for the ITIL® Foundation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive the credentials to start the Computer Based Training (CBT). The CBT is an online training course and can be followed anytime and anywhere.
Additional reference materials are not required for this course.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, Any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
The price for this training contains 3 months access to the eLearning course and an exam.