M_o_R® stands for “Management of Risk” and considers risk from different perspectives within an organisation: strategic, programme, project and operational. The M_o_R® Foundation course provides delegates with an introductive overview of the processes, principles and techniques used in the M_o_R® approach. All subjects are covered in sufficient detail to allow delegates to practice the application of the guidance not only during the course, but also into their own organisation.
The successful completion of the M_o_R® Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognised Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a team or an organization using the M_o_R® method in a broad range of initiatives and disciplines, such as IT and Business continuity management, project / programme risk management, operational service management, Security and Availability Management.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts and terminology within the M_o_R® Guide.
- Know the facts, terms, concepts and relationships between the four elements of the M_o_R® framework (principles, approach, processes and embedding and reviewing)
- How the M_o_R® principles, approach, and processes are used.
- Be able to identify the M_o_R® framework documents and understand their uses and differences.
- Pass the Foundation Exam.
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
The course comprises a mixture of input sessions, group exercises and examination based practical work. All delegates are encouraged to actively participate during the practical sessions to gain the full benefit during the training. During the course, delegates will undertake a number of mock examinations and gain feedback on the progress towards eventual success. To prepare effectively for the M_o_R® Foundation exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work in the evening.
Course Student Material:
Two weeks prior, students will receive Pre-Read material to prepare themselves for the course. At the beginning of the course, students will receive a M_o_R® Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
M_o_R® Foundation pre-read
M_o_R® Foundation is suitable for any organization or individual seeing the need for guidance on a controlled approach to identification, assessment and control risk at strategic, programme, project and operational perspectives. The Foundation qualification is aimed at:
- Business Change Managers
- Programme and Project Managers
- Risk Managers
- Business and Programme and Project Support staff and managers
- Operational staff and managers
- Staff and Managers from other disciplines, particularly those responsible for establishing standards and/or integrating them with Portfolio, Project and Program Management methodologies.
The price of this training includes an exam.