PRINCE2 Agile™ is the world’s most complete agile project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®. As with PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile™ can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile™ is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method.
PRINCE2 Agile™ has been developed to help experienced PRINCE2® practitioners tailor management controls for agile development, while helping ‘agilistas’ understand PRINCE2® governance requirements.
Course and Learning Objectives
Following the completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2® principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
- To learn through the use of theory and practical exercises
- To prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile™ Practitioner exam
The course comprises a mixture of input sessions and group exercises. All delegates are encouraged to actively participate during the practical sessions to gain the full benefit during the training. During the course, delegates will undertake a number of mock examinations and gain feedback on the progress towards eventual success. To prepare effectively for the PRINCE2 Agile™ Practitioner exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work in the evening.
Course Student Material
Students will receive a binder with slides and exercises, including a Scrum manual and the Agile manifesto.
Students are advised to order the PRINCE2 Agile™ Book. This manual is used during the training and during the exam.
About the book: PRINCE2 Agile™, ISBN: 9780113314676, Price: £99.00, available on-line.
- Course opening – briefly, what is PRINCE2 Agile™? The manual, The exam
- Projects and BAU
- What is agile?
- What is PRINCE2 Agile™?
- The PRINCE2 Agile™ journey
- PRINCE2® recap
- Hexagon (fix and flex) and the 5 targets
- Processes Intro
- SU & IP (Cynefin)
- Themes Intro
- Bus. Case ( + value)
- Requirements, user stories
- Prioritisation (and MoSCoW)
- Change theme?
- The feedback loop
- Organisation (incl. multi-team)
- Servant Leader
- Wider customer view
- Working Agreements
- Principles & Behaviours
- Agilometer – Risk
- MP – (initial mention of burn charts)
- The use of Work Packages
- Plans - estimation
- Progress (full coverage of burn charts and info radiators)
- Quality (Definition of Done)
- CS – Frequent Releases – then SB, Retrospectives
- PRINCE2® Management products
- Rich Communication (and Workshops)
- Lean Startup
- Health check
- PM tips/Re-cap
- Exam prep
PRINCE2 Agile™ Practitioner
This PRINCE2 Agile™ Practitioner exam is an open book exam.
The PRINCE2 Agile guide, can be used during the exam and it is included in the courseware. The guide can be obtained from www.vanharen.net (ISBN: 9780113314676)
About the Examination
The PRINCE2 Agile™ Practitioner exam is a 2.5 hour scenario based open book exam consisting of 50 questions, each question is worth 1 mark, giving a maximum of 50 marks in the paper. The pass rate is 60% or 30/50.
A copy of a valid PRINCE2® 2009 Practitioner certificate is required.
Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Certified PRINCE2® Practitioners who need to direct or manage PRINCE2® projects in environments that use Agile methods for development.
The price of this training includes an exam.