SDI© Service Desk Analyst encourages students to participate in group exercises and
discussions in order to identify the roles and responsibilities of the modern Service Desk.
Students debate the skills, knowledge and attributes required for staff to succeed in their
roles, learn the importance of customer relationship management, and review the service skills
required to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and peers.
The course also looks at support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilized within
the Service Desk. It reviews key issues such as: service level agreements; the benefits and
pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes
and effective problem solving techniques that a Service Desk Analyst can utilize.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Following the completion of the course, delegates will have:
- A thorough grounding in the skills, competencies and knowledge required of a professional
and effective Service Desk Analyst.
- The essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and effective support in line with
SDI’s best practice industry standards.
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, how to deal
effectively with a variety of situations and how to handle difficult situations.
- Recognizing of the importance of teamwork in the support environment.
- Knowledge of core IT Service Management processes and the role of the Service Desk
- Practical problem solving techniques to help resolve customers’ issues first time.
- An understanding of Service Desk metrics, service level agreements, customer satisfaction
surveys, and the latest Service Desk tools and technologies.
- Awareness of the need for developing professional relationships and for displaying respect
and cultural sensitivity.
- Practical preparation for passing the Service Desk Analyst examination
The course ensures analysts work to consistent, industry recognized standards and in line
with best practice guidlines. It reviews the four key concepts covered in the standards:
Professionalism and Roles, Analyst Skills, Process, Supported technologies and enabling
tools, on which are based the skills, competencies and knowledge that a Service Desk analyst
requires in order to deliver professional and effective support.
The course is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI©’s Service Desk Analyst
qualification and ensures that students are provided with the knowledge, information and tools
to take the SDA exam.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive an SDI© Service Desk Analyst classroom workbook containing all of the
presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Relationship Management
- Effective Communication Skills &
- Effective Rapport And Conflict
- Quality Assurance Activities For
The Service Desk
- Effective Process Management
- IT Service Management
- Problem Solving
- Service Desk Technologies
- Tools And Technologies
SDI© Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst Standard
About the Examination:
Number of Questions: 60
Pass Score: 45/60 or 75%
Exam Delivery: Paper-based
Exam Duration: 60 minutes
Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
An SDI© Service Desk Foundation certificate
and at least 9 months work experience in an
IT and support environment.
Project Management Institute – Professional
Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Front-line IT service and support analysts
with some experience in a first-line or
second-line service desk environment. For
analysts looking to grow in their role and gain
a recognised qualification in their profession,
this course will help them to develop practical
skills whilst earning a certificate that endorses
their commitment and knowledge.
The price of this training includes an exam.