Contact Quint Academy
Have question about this training or other training? Looking for in-company training? Contact us at
+603 2714 9799 | email@example.com | Contact us online
ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as improvement in operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme, owned by AXELOS, describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream:
- The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the processes and practice elements used within it.
- The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of specific ITIL® processes and roles. The primary focus is on process activities, process execution and use throughout the IT Service Lifecycle.
Why choose this training?
The ITIL® 2011 Intermediate Qualification: Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications.
Course and Learning Objectives
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Overview of SOA processes and basic principles
- The value to the business of SOA activities
- How the SOA processes rely on a good business case
- How the SOA processes rely on a good understanding of return on investment (ROI)
- Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the service offerings and agreements curriculum
- SOA roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, and an opportunity for a mock examination.
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the Service Capability approach to IT Service Management as well as focusing on the processes & roles, activities and their execution throughout the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Service Offerings & Agreements certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwood’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Course Student Material
Students will receive an ITIL® Service Offerings & Agreements classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Core set of 5 ITIL® books.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and preferably two years work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
IT Managers, Operational staff, and anyone requiring a deeper knowledge of or who are involved in the Service Offerings & Agreements cluster of processes and functions.