ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as improvement in operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme, owned by AXELOS, describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream:
- The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The primary focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the processes and practice elements used within it.
- The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of specific ITIL® processes and roles. The primary focus is on process activities, process execution and use throughout the IT Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL® 2011 SO (Service Operation) course is part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream. The course prepares candidates to take the ITIL® Service Operation Intermediate exam as well as providing valuable knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace. The Service Operation Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (ITSM). The purpose of this module, exam and certificate is, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in IT Service Management as documented in the ITIL® Service Operation publication.
Course and Learning Objectives:
This qualification provides a complete management-level overview of Service Operation including all its related activities. Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operation principles
- Service Operation processes
- Common Service Operation activities
- Organizing for Service Operation: functions
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of Service Operation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
In addition, the training for this certification includes examination preparation, and a mock examination.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are exercises to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Service Operation book prior to commencement of this program.
The ITIL® v3 or ITIL® 2011 Foundation certificate.
- Individuals who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL® certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
The price for this training contains 3 months access to the eLearning course and exam.