ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as improvement in operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme, owned by AXELOS, describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability Stream:
- The Service Lifecycle Stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the processes and practice elements used within it.
- The Service Capability Stream is for those who wish to obtain an in-depth understanding of specific ITIL® processes and roles. The primary focus is on process activities, process execution, and the use throughout the IT Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL® 2011 Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability Stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The ITIL® Certificate in Release, Control and Validation is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the Service Management Lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL® process, role and function areas: Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Service Validation and Testing, Release and Deployment Management, Request Fulfilment, Change Evaluation, and Knowledge Management.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Importance of Service Management as a practice concept and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
- Importance of ITIL® Release, Control and Validation while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL® RCV interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL® RCV processes
- How to use the ITIL® RCV processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL® RCV
- The importance of IT security and its contributions to RCV
- The technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL® RCV
- Change Management as a capability to realize successful service transition
- RCV as a capability to ensure the integrity and the quality of service transition
- Service Asset and Configuration Management as a capability to monitor the state of Service Transition. Knowledge Management as part of enhancing ongoing management decision support and service delivery capability
- Request Fulfilment and Change Evaluation to ensure meeting committed service level performance
- RCV process roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with ITIL® RCV
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, and an opportunity for a mock examination.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are exercises to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Release, Control and Validation book prior to commencement of this program.
The ITIL® v3 or ITIL® 2011 Foundation certificate.
- Individuals who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation & Continual Service Improvement stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
The price for this training contains 3 months access to the eLearning course and exam.