This CBT in IT Governance Foundation is an AMPG officially accredited course, which can be used to study for and pass the COBIT® 5 Foundation exam.
COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
COBIT® 5 has been found highly useful for organizations to help them achieve strategic goals through effective and innovative use of IT; while managing risks and costs at an acceptable level and Support compliance.
The eLearning CBT consists of easy-to-follow modules covering the terminology, structure, concepts and value of COBIT 5 and preparation for the COBIT 5 exam.
Students who complete this Computer Based course, along with some self study, shall be suitably prepared to take the associated Cobit5® Foundation test.
Along with this course, the Cobit5® Foundation certificate is a requirement for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping the aspects of COBIT® 5, which would be appropriate to implement.
- Overview Of COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Principles
- The COBIT® 5 Enablers
- Introduction To COBIT® 5 Implementation
- Process Capability Assessment Model
3 days ( self study )
Computer Based Training
Additional reference materials are not required for this course.
Please note that the ISACA COBIT® 5 Framework, the COBIT® 5 Student Workbook as well as the GLOSSARY are available (in PDF format) as part of this course.
About the Examination
The optional exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam, existing of 50 questions. The pass mark is 50% or at least 25 correct answers. The duration for the exam is 40 minutes.
A practice exam is available as part of the course to baseline the student’s knowledge, as part of this course.
No mandatory prerequisites although experience in IT or related fields is recommended. Some knowledge of Service Management and Information Security concepts shall be helpful.
COBIT® 5 is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems
Typical Target audience includes Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer or COBIT® Assessor.
The price for this training contains 3 months access to the eLearning course and exam.