Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) in manufacturing and business processes using a set of quality management methods. It creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization (“Black Belts”, “Green Belts”, etc.) who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets. In recent years practitioners have combined Six Sigma methods with lean manufacturing to yield a methodology named Lean Six Sigma.
This complete Lean Six Sigma course prepares participants to perform the role of a LSS Black Belt. Through this complete course you will learn the critical elements of the black belt certification. Black Belt certification holders have demonstrated their knowledge and capabilities through experience and skill and understand how to add value to any organization working with Lean Six Sigma.
Course and Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, you will be able to understand the various elements involved in becoming a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, In addition you will learn how to:
- Define and decide on sampling strategies and confidence intervals
- Understand the difference between long term and short term process capabilities
- Understand and implement process discovery
- Measure waste, re-work and scrap through yield metrics
- Create and analyze data control charts for discrete and continuous data
- Create and analyze experiments
- Perform advanced process modeling
- Understand and implement Lean controls
- Understand Statistical Process Control concepts
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt DMAIC course prepares participants to perform the role of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Materials have a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the Lean Six Sigma D-M- A-I-C body of knowledge required to successfully prepare students to achieve Black Belt certifications and performance standards.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
None for the full program, and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, or equivalent, for the bridge program LSS Green to Black Belt.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts who wish tocertify as Black Belts.