PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2® is recognised as a world-class international product and is the defacto standard method for project management throughout the world. The PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, offering nonproprietary, best practice guidance on project management.
The PRINCE2® Foundation course will provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the PRINCE2® method. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognised Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a delegate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2® method.
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan.
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2® method.
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the seven principles.
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes.
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- Pass the Foundation Exam.
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
The eLearning allows the delegate to go through the chapters in a logical manner. The content starts with an introduction and PRINCE2® overview and ends with sample exams to test the delegates understanding of the PRINCE2® Foundation.
The eLearning enables the delegate to study the material at the delegate’s preferred pace. It is recommended to do the sample exams after the complete eLearning has been followed. To prepare effectively for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive the credentials to start the Computer Based Training (CBT). The CBT is an online training course and can be followed anytime and anywhere.
PRINCE2® Foundation Pre-Read
There are no prerequisites for this course
Organizations or Individuals seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing projects (including Project managers, consultants and support staff). And who prefer to study at their own time and pace.
The price for this training contains 3 months access to the eLearning course and exam.