ITIL® ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as improvement in operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme, owned by AXELOS, describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream:
- The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the processes and practice elements used within it.
- The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of specific ITIL® processes and roles. The primary focus is on process activities, process execution and use throughout the IT Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL® 2011 Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) Certificate is a free- standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications.
The ITIL® Certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply PPO practices during the Service Management Lifecycle.
Course and Learning Objectives:
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Service design in PPO and Lifecycle context
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information Security Management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Demand Management
- Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to PPO
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks for planning, protection and optimization.
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, and an opportunity for a mock examination.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are exercises to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Planning Protection and Optimization book prior to commencement of this program.
The ITIL® v3 or ITIL® 2011 Foundation certificate.
- Individuals who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation & Continual Service Improvement stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
The price of this training includes 3 months access to the eLearning course and an exam. The price is exclusive of 15% VAT.