ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as improvement in operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme, owned by AXELOS, describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream:
- The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The primary focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the processes and practice elements used within it.
- The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of specific ITIL® processes and roles. The primary focus is on process activities, process execution and use throughout the IT Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL® 2011 SD (Service Design) course is part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream. The course prepares candidates to take the ITIL® Service Design Intermediate exam as well as providing valuable knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace. The Service Design Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (ITSM). The purpose of this module, exam and certificate is, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in IT Service Management as documented in the ITIL® Service Design publication.
Course and Learning Objectives:
This qualification provides a complete management-level overview of Service Design including all its related activities.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Introduction to Service Design
- Service Design principles
- Service Design Processes
- Service Design technology-related activities
- Organizing for Service Design
- Technology considerations
- Implementation and improvement of Service Design
- Challenges, risks and critical success factors.
In addition the training for this certification includes examination preparation, and a mock examination.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are exercises to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Service Design book prior to commencement of this program.
The ITIL® v3 or ITIL® 2011 Foundation certificate.
- Individuals who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL® certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Design stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Design
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
The price of this training includes 3 months access to the eLearning course and an exam. The price is exclusive of 15% VAT.