ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy (SS), Service Design (SD), Service Transition (ST), Service Operation (SO) and Continual Service Improvement (CSI). It promotes alignment with the business as well as improvement in operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme, owned by AXELOS, describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream:
- The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the processes and practice elements used within it.
- The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of specific ITIL® processes and roles. The primary focus is on process activities, process execution and use throughout the IT Service Lifecycle.
The intent of the Managing across the Lifecycle (MALC) qualification is to give candidates the skills to support an organization’s service delivery by bridging the service lifecycle stages. The qualification demonstrates that candidates have learned the value of one combined service management practice as opposed to separate subject areas. ITIL® processes and practices, as learnt from the Lifecycle and Capability streams of the intermediate certificates, are put into a context of delivering this value.
The learning outcomes are intended to bring a candidate from ITIL® content knowledge to ITIL® content application and integration knowledge, and provide skills that can be used in the workplace in a tangible way. Testing and validation of knowledge take place at Bloom’s taxonomy level 4 (analyzing) and level 5 (evaluating), reflecting the focus on integration when compared with the ITIL® 2011 intermediate qualifications.
While MALC encompasses the broadest perspectives of Service Management skills, for example those related to project management and application design, it is not intended to teach these practices, rather to refer to them as contexts for ITIL® application. A high-level understanding of these is still expected. This qualification focuses on strategizing, planning, using and measuring ITIL® practices in an integrated functioning model:
- How the Service Lifecycle Stages form an integrated whole
- Process integration and interfaces
- Shared data / information / knowledge
Course and Learning Objectives:
Candidates Upon successful completion candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the Service Lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating Service Management processes across the Service Lifecycle
- Managing services across the Service Lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving Service Management capability.
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, and a mock examination opportunity.
Participants will learn to implement, manage and improve Service Management according to ITIL® best Practices. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Managing Across the Lifecycle certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwood’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience
Course Student Material:
Students will receive an ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Core set of 5 ITIL® books.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and a minimum of 15 credits earned through the formal Service Lifecycle stream or Service Capability stream qualifications.
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers and IT security managers who and others who require a deeper knowledge of, or who are involved in managing Services across the
different lifecycle phases.
This price includes an exam. The price is exclusive of 15% VAT.