IT organizations are constantly seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction, service quality and value for the business. Lean IT is applied to transform your IT organization to a customer-focused, efficient and transparent IT organization that can deliver sustainable results to the business.
The Lean IT Association Foundation training covers all elements to introduce you to Lean IT. After completion of the training, you will be able to participate effectively in a Lean IT transformation program.
Course and Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts behind Lean and how Lean can be applied in IT
- Analyze customer value and translate the voice of the customer to processes
- Understand Lean concepts as customer value, value streams, flow, pull, perfection
- Diagnose and improve processes with value stream mapping
- Problem solving with the Kaizen approach
- Work with the DMAIC improvement cycle
- Designate improvement activities that improve process results
- Understand what behaviors & attitudes are essential within Lean organizations
- Prepare the student to take the Lean IT Association Foundation Certification exam
The Lean IT Association Foundation Training is two days. During the training, you will learn the fundamentals of Lean and how to apply Lean in an IT domain. In the training you will practice with exercises to build hands-on skills. The training will introduce you to the softer aspects of Lean IT like change approaches and how to change people’s behavior and attitude. All the exercises are related to ICT, but no technical IT knowledge is required.
This course is delivered using an exciting case study designed to further enhance the candidates understanding of Lean IT. Students who have attended this course are prepared to successfully take the associated Lean IT Association Foundation certification exam which is a requirement for attending any of the further Lean courses available in this track.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a Lean IT Association Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, the case study, the book Lean Thinking and sample exam questions.
Lean Thinking, Womack & Jones.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of IT concepts
will be helpful.
Any member of an IT organization.