The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) Announce DevOps Practitioner Qualification
WILMINGTON, DELAWARE, UNITED STATES, February, 2017. The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. DASA, founded by Quint Wellington Redwood, Xebia and IT Preneurs, is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula.
The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) established in April of 2016, released the DASA Competence Model and DevOps Fundamentals qualification to the global partner community. The intent with Fundamentals was to provide an in-depth introduction to the core agile, DevOps Principles that are essential for teams that want to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to be a high-performer or a member of a high-performing IT Team. "Providing the core education necessary to build their DevOps vocabulary, understand the DASA DevOps principles and practices plants the seeds for success," says Pim Pasman - Member of the DASA Content Development team.
DASA Fundamentals is the Why, DASA Practitioner is the How
Our DASA DevOps Practitioner qualification provides the actual Practitioners tasked with implementing DevOps the education necessary to put DevOps into practice in their companies. The qualification objectives are established to reinforce and hone the necessary skills and knowledge areas needed to deploy DevOps in an IT Enterprise successfully. "Within the DASA Competence Framework, this certification focuses on improving skills on the axis of Courage, Teambuilding, DevOps Leadership, and Continuous Improvement," says Deborah Burton, Managing Director DASA.
DASA Practitioner Builds DevOps Craftsmanship and Mastery to Provide:
- Knowledge and practical skills to understand the role of courage within DevOps for you and your organization
- Skills to build teams that start with trust, honesty, and allow for experimentation
- Knowledge and expertise to become a real DevOps practitioner capable of creating a culture and purpose with the focus on success and at the same time be a servant leader
- The fixed mindset and how to facilitate the tools to build an environment for continuous improvement.
Our Practitioner syllabus requires DASA Courseware Partners to offer training programs that include practical examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions, to understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps. "We are extremely excited to be in the position to release our DASA Partitioner qualification to our community of members in the coming weeks our global members represent leading Training, Consulting, Software and Corporate members. says, Burton.
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. To realize its broader purpose, DASA aims to:
- Generate interest in and awareness of the need for skills development
- Define a relevant and vendor-neutral DevOps qualifications program for professionals
- Promote an open source DevOps, Agile Competence Model
- Ensure a baseline quality for training programs delivered to the market
- Map members' training program content against the role-based competencies baseline