Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provide ability to manage project in an Agile way.
The Foundation-level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management Foundation guidance to be able to recognize and distinguish between the key elements of the approach.
Course and Learning Objectives
Following the completion of the course delegates will be able to learn:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
The course comprises a mixture of input sessions, group exercises and examination based practical work. All delegates are encouraged to actively participate during the practical sessions to gain the full benefit during the training. During the course, delegates will undertake mock examination and gain feedback on the progress towards eventual success. To prepare effectively for the APMG AgilePM® Foundation exam, delegates should be prepared to undertake revision and exam preparation work in the evening.
Course Student Material
Students will receive an Agile Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Concepts Covered in Foundation
- What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritization and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other practices: Facilitated Workshops , Modelling, and Iterative Development
Qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile. It is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experience project managers to those new to the industry
About the Examination
Multiple choice format; 40 minutes duration; 50 questions per paper; 25 marks required to pass - 50%; Closed-book
Upon achieving the AgilePM Foundation certificate, the student will be recognized with 10 Professional Development Units (PDU’S).
The price of this training includes an exam.