You will learn how to perform a process assessment and how to analyze the results to provide a clear determination of process capability. You will also learn how these results can be used for process improvement, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance ultimately driving value to the business.
High Level Course Learning Objectives
Following completion of the COBIT® 5 Assessor course and examination, you will understand:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT® 5.
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (the PAM) in performing a process capability assessment. Specifically:
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM.
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels.
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM.
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process.
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide. Specifically:
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan & Brief the teams
- Collect & Validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment.
- How to use the self-assessment guide
About COBIT® 5
COBIT® 5 is the latest edition of ISACA's globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT® 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT® 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT® 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the COBIT® 5 Assessor certification exam as well as providing valuable conceptual knowledge that can be applied in the workplace.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a COBIT® 5 Assessor classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams. Participants may reference "COBIT® 5 Assessor Guide: Using COBIT® 5" and "COBIT® Process Assessment Model (PAM): Using COBIT® 5", which can be purchased from the ISACA Web site, www.isaca.org.
About the Examination:
- The COBIT® 5 Assessor examination paper consists of three booklets: the scenario booklet, question booklet and the answer (sheet) booklet. The Scenario Booklet contains a scenario providing a description of performing a Process Capability Assessment using the COBIT® 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM).
- In total, there are eight questions, each testing one syllabus area, in various formats (multiple choice, multiple response, matching responses and evaluating statements).
- Each of the eight questions contains 10 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. Each of the eight questions will be sub-divided into parts. Each of these ‘part-questions’ will identify the portion of the 10 marks allocated to it.
- The pass mark for the Assessor exam is 50%.
- The exam is 150 minutes in duration.
- Participants may reference their copy of the COBIT® 5 PAM and COBIT® 5 Assessor Guide during the examination.
Successful Completion of the COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam.
COBIT® 5 Assessor
COBIT® 5 Assessor Guide: Using COBIT® 5
COBIT® Process Assessment Model (PAM): Using COBIT® 5
Senior IT Management, IT Auditors, IT Managers, IT Quality Professionals, IT Process Owners & Process Managers
The price of this training includes an exam.