Clients request that their (internal or external) IT Service Providers can prove that they are able to provide the required service quality and have appropriate service management processes in place. Based on processes, ISO/IEC20000 is an internationally recognized standard for IT Service Management that specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC20000 certification is awarded after audits conducted by Registered Certification Bodies, which ensure that a service provider designs, implements and manages an IT Service Management system in line with the requirements of the standard.
This course provides sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyse and apply the gained knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in conforming to the requirements of Part 1, and achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
The course covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005).
Some of the main differences are as follows:
- closer alignment to ISO 9001
- closer alignment to ISO/IEC 27001
- change of terminology to reflect international usage
- clarification of the requirements for the governance of processes operated by other parties
- clarification of the requirements for defining the scope of the SMS
- clarification that the PDCA methodology applies to the SMS, including the service management processes, and the services
- introduction of new requirements for the design and transition of new or changed
Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner certification test.
Course and Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course the student will be able to understand and be able to analyse and apply the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organizations or those wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification.
Specifically, the student will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the standard
- Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scope definition
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices in common use and related standards
- Explain and apply the requirements of Part 1
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the ongoing demonstration of conformance to Part 1
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 20000 certification readiness assessments
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create and apply a service management plan
- Assist and advise organizations on the implementation of continual improvement
- Prepare organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme
Quint’s three-day ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner Course offers a unique series of focused sessions where participants are educated on the full potential of ISO20000. The course provides experience-based guidelines and concepts regarding implementing ISO20000, with special emphasis on the ‘soft’ aspects of changing an organization.
This, undoubtedly, will allow for the development of essential skills to support the decision making process and, allow for the drawing up of detailed implementation approach for the participants organization.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study, exercises and sample exams.
Additional reference materials are not required for this course.
TA candidate must hold one of the following qualifications to qualify to sit the Practitioner exam: ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation or ITIL® Foundation.
This qualification is aimed at practitioners, managers and consultants involved in
an SMS implementation and/or on-going activities based on ISO/IEC 20000.